Thursday, December 9, 2010

Why do you go?

Church in Sanfrancisco De Yajoa

Typical house in Sanfrancisco


Crib in orphanage.  Why I go


Had a person today ask why I went to Honduras.  Simply said, I was called.  There are many times in my life that I have ignored God calling in my life.  From raising my hand while worshipping in church to refusing to help the man on the street.  For once 4 years ago i said yes.  My walk has never been the same.  I still say no more than I say yes but the truth is.  My heart has been broken for the people of Honduras.  I cannot understand why God blessed my to be born in a country where food, water, and shelter are a given.  The only purpose to it that I can see is that I am supposed to help.  So that is why I go.  God willing that is why I will continue to go.  I feel that I am a better person for getting to meet and serve the wonderful people of Honduras.  In fact I know it has even encouraged me to do more here in WNC when I have returned.  So my question to you is "What has God called you to?"  Say yes this Christmas season it just me the greatest gift you have ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment